Journeymen Sheet Metal Installers SM1 / SM2
|Title:||Journeymen Sheet Metal Installers SM1 / SM2|
|Location:||Fairfield County, CT|
|Pay Rate:||Dependant on experience|
For over 20 years, TradeSource has provided the highest quality, skilled trades staffing labor force to the construction industry. We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Sheet Metal Installers to join our team, working with clients on general construction projects.
A great job is one that fits you. It matches your skills and interests. It provides fair pay and good benefits. And it also fits the way you like to work. At TradeSource, we’re experts at matching people to jobs, and we’ll work hard to connect you with construction jobs that are the right fit for your skills and interests.
TradeSource offers one of the best benefits packages available in the construction labor industry, including:
- Competitive weekly pay
- Overtime opportunities
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Tool rebates
- Safety equipment
- Holiday, Vacation bonus
As a Sheet Metal Installer you will be responsible for fabricating, assembling, installing, and repairing sheet metal products and equipment such as ductwork, plenums, fire dampers and diffusers.
Additional responsibilities of the Sheet Metal Installer include:
- Determining layout of systems
- Measuring and marking sheet metal according to template
- Operating metalworking machines to cut, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal
- Grinding and buffing seams, joints and rough surfaces
- Inspecting products to ensure quality and conformity to specification
- Cutting materials using power tools or by hand
- Assembling, erecting and installing duct systems
As a Sheet Metal Installer you must be able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications, understand shop math, and be able to work easily and skillfully with tools, metals and machines.
Additional requirements of the Sheet Metal Fabricator / Installer include:
- OSHA 10 is a plus
- SM1 or SM2 Connecticut State Sheet Metal License
- 5 years’ experience in a related role
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively
- Ability to perform basic math functions and use math formulas by solving dimensional problems